sábado, 16 de janeiro de 2010

The Egyptian Forty Two Commandments






MA'AT - Right and Trut

Long before the so called ten commandments the Ancient Egyptian Developed the highest and most sophisticated cosmic law till our modern times, the Egyptian commandments included Rape and Forced Sex and harming Beasts and animals and much more.

The 42 commandments were split up into 3 classifications of sins: Transgressions against Mankind, sins against God/s and personal transgressions
When Transgressions were against Mankind, the punishment fitted the crime. Egypt was relatively crime free. Crime was mainly as a result of barbaric immigrants. The death penalty was seldom used, and then only under unusual circumstances. Periods as long as 150 years went by without a single execution. 

The punishment for sins against God/s was banishment from the religion including banishment from the community where the God was worshipped. Depending on the God against whom the sin was committed this could cause banishment from Egypt. 
The Judgement of, and subsequent punishment for, Personal Transgressions was in the hands of the Gods and took place after death during the judgment of Ma'at. 
 

Transgressions Against Mankind


1. I have not committed murder, neither have I bid any man to slay on my behalf;

2. I have not committed rape, neither have I forced any woman to commit fornication;

3. I have not avenged myself, nor have I burned with rage;

4. I have not caused terror, nor have I worked affliction;

5. I have caused none to feel pain, nor have I worked grief;

6. I have done neither harm nor ill, nor I have caused misery;

7. I have done no hurt to man, nor have I wrought harm to beasts;

8. I have made none to weep;

9. I have had no knowledge of evil, neither have I acted wickedly, nor have I wronged the people;

10. I have not stolen, neither have I taken that which does not belong to me, nor that which belongs to another, nor have I taken from the orchards, nor snatched the milk from the mouth of the babe;

11. I have not defrauded, neither I have added to the weight of the balance, nor have I made light the weight in the scales;

12. I have not laid waste the plowed land, nor trampled down the fields;

13. I have not driven the cattle from their pastures, nor have I deprived any of that which was rightfully theirs;

14. I have accused no man falsely, nor have I supported any false accusation;

15. I have spoken no lies, neither have I spoken falsely to the hurt of another;

16. I have never uttered fiery words, nor have I stirred up strife;

17. I have not acted guilefully, neither have I dealt deceitfully, nor spoken to deceive to the hurt another;

18. I have not spoken scornfully, nor have I set my lips in motion against any man;

19. I have not been an eavesdropper;

20. I have not stopped my ears against the words of Right and Truth;

21. I have not judged hastily, nor have I judged harshly;

22. I have committed no crime in the place of Right and Truth;

23. I have caused no wrong to be done to the servant by his master;

24. I have not been angry without cause;

25. I have not turned back water at its springtide, nor stemmed the flow of running water;

26. I have not broken the channel of a running water;

27. I have never fouled the water, nor have I polluted the land.

Sins
28. I have not cursed nor despised God, nor have I done that which God does abominate;
29. I have not vexed or angered God;
30. I have not robbed God, nor have I filched that which has been offered in the temples;
31. I have not added unto nor have I diminished the offerings which are due;
32. I have not purloined the cakes of the gods;
33. I have not carried away the offerings made unto the blessed dead;
34. I have not disregarded the season for the offerings which are appointed;
35. I have not turned away the cattle set apart for sacrifice;
36. I have not thwarted the processions of the god;
37. I have not slaughtered with evil intent the cattle of the god;

Personal Transgressions
38. I have not acted guilefully nor have I acted in insolence;
39. I have not been overly proud, nor have I behaved myself with arrogance;
40. I have never magnified my condition beyond what was fitting;
41. Each day have I labored more than was required of me;
42. My name has not come forth to the boat of the Prince